Author – Speaker – Investor
billion dollars in real estate
Sam Saggers grew up the poorest kid in the richest suburb of Sydney. But that’s a story for another day (which he unpacks on episode one). Sam’s work in real estate is rather unmatched; he has helped over 7500 property investors get a leg up in real estate through his work as a property investor.
Over the past 26 years, Sam secured over 10000 property investments totaling over 5.7 billion dollars for his clientele creating over $785,000,000 income for them.
Today, Sam shares his insights to others as an elder on wealth creation, the urban behavioural economy and future trends in real estate, urbanity and business. He is a world-class keynote speaker, a master of business, a futurist and best-selling author. Sam is a dedicated property investor both personally and professionally.
The Urban Property Investor
The Urban Property Investor podcast with host Sam Saggers brings together the latest news, strategies and ideas to help grow your personal wealth from investing in real estate. With a major premise to help you join the 1% of people who achieve financial independence, Sam Saggers advocates ways to replace your income, invest in property and retire rich using trends that form part of the urban landscape.
Is it just me or is there an environmental event or catastrophe happening more and more?
When you consider that 1 in 20 or 720,000 properties in Australia will not be insurable by 2050, it doesn’t take a rocket scientist to see that climate change is real. As a real estate investor, you don’t want to make the mistake of owning one of them!
Are you ready to get into the market in 2021? This could be the last good year to invest for at least a decade. Most markets are on the up – prices are just going up and up and up. Knowing how to buy in a boom is an art that you need to be prepared for.
Sadly, there are millions of Australians who will never be able to enter the market due to the current boom. You don’t want to be one of them. This episode is all about making sure YOU boom along with the market in 2021.
This episode is dedicated to my beautiful dog Hannah, who has died. Pets can teach us so much about life.
House and land can be an incredibly attractive investment – when done right. And if done wrong, it can be a financial nightmare.
On this episode I take you through 8 essential ingredients for succeeding at house and land. If you already have it – score yourself – and if you’re considering investing in H&L, make sure you listen to this episode in full and check all 8 items off before putting in an offer!
During the first quarter of any new year, it’s a good time to look back, reflect and see what we learned in the previous 12 months that can help us keep moving forward. As property investors there was a lot to take away from 2020.
The impact of COVID-19 on the economy, falling interest rates, a drop in foreign investment and a stall in new-build construction all collided to make 2020 one of the most challenging years in real estate we’ve seen in decades.
But with every challenge, comes opportunity. Taking what we learned and saw in 2020 and making it work for us this year (and into 2022!) is what makes smart investors successful portfolio profiteers.
Let’s look back and see what we can learn from last year to propel our goals and outcomes that much faster in 2021.
Did you know that only 25 per cent of real estate is desirable? That means we have to wade through the other 75 per cent of dysfunctional, dying or outright dead properties, to find something worthwhile. In order to be successful property investors, we must first learn the psychology behind what makes a home worth purchasing in the first place.
Unfortunately, this is a huge challenge in real estate, and the consequences of owning something other than desirable, could be the loss of thousands of dollars at auction time.
Take a walk around your local area and unless you live out in the middle of the bush, it’s likely that you will walk past a construction site with new build properties going up.
New properties are being built all around the country right now and will help to house the increasing population as we go through the next few decades.
But if you want to invest in new properties there are certain things you need to look out for to ensure your property is a smart investment. Ask yourself…